Ongoing season 3 discussion thread...

Talk about whatever you see fit here. Which would be pretty much anything...

Moderator: Free Bagel

onnestabe

Post by onnestabe » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Sometimes I wonder if the offseason DD allotment should've been higher.
I think no matter what the dd allotment is, some people will squander theirs chasing free agents (like I did) and some will conserve them for the hot free agent pickups in the offseason (like I should have done). Raising the offseason allotment just increases the amount it takes to get the popular guys in the offseason, just like it did this offseason in the NFL.

If you want to put more dds out there during the season and increase parity (since this league doesn't have a weekly waiver cycle for obvious reasons), you could always award dds to the bottom-dwellers at set points during the season (perhaps every 3 or 4 weeks) so they could use them to pick guys up to fill holes or save them to rebuild in the offseason.

I'm not necessarily saying that I think we need something like this, just throwing out an alternative method for getting more money in the pool without an increase in the offseason dd allotment.

Flux

Post by Flux » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:34 am

God, this really is just one of those years for me. Warner gets hurt 3 plays into being on my team, Dayne is sat for no reason, Favre turns into Akili Smith....sweet.

3 years in the league, and 2 of them riddled with injuries. I hate FF.
[img]http://www.clan-loh.com/dynasty/Rosters/FluxCapacitors.jpg[/img]

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Flux wrote:God, this really is just one of those years for me. Warner gets hurt 3 plays into being on my team, Dayne is sat for no reason, Favre turns into Akili Smith....sweet.

I hate this game. My other main league I am 1-5. Best worst team ever, put in on my grave.

VY, Big Ben
Gore, Ahman, Norwood, Chester Taylor, Wynn, JWright
SSmith, Owens, TJ "Championship" Houshyourmama, Cotchery
Witten
Stover
dst-by committee...working out ok.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!! FB syndrome in full effect. I have a big week...my oppenent has a year high. I have a bad week...my opponent has a slightly better worse week. Terrible! I haven't missed the playoffs in 7 years since the leagues inception.

Its a 1-keeper league and if i lose a couple more times. Tanking the season is a real option for me so that I can aquire ADP. Im going to trade Gore-Housh/owens/steve smith to the ADP owner.
Hollywood Hookers - UNDFTD
madominguez@gmail.com
818.808.2176 Text me for quicker response. Anytime.
yahoo im: madangry88

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:36 pm

Flux wrote:God, this really is just one of those years for me. Warner gets hurt 3 plays into being on my team, Dayne is sat for no reason, Favre turns into Akili Smith....sweet.

Either way, you still have a kick-a$$ Bengals banner.:wink: You should rock that thing over here.
Hollywood Hookers - UNDFTD
madominguez@gmail.com
818.808.2176 Text me for quicker response. Anytime.
yahoo im: madangry88

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 pm

UNDFTD wrote:

I hate this game. My other main league I am 1-5. Best worst team ever, put in on my grave.

VY, Big Ben
Gore, Ahman, Norwood, Chester Taylor, Wynn, JWright
SSmith, Owens, TJ "Championship" Houshyourmama, Cotchery
Witten
Stover
dst-by committee...working out ok.

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!! FB syndrome in full effect. I have a big week...my oppenent has a year high. I have a bad week...my opponent has a slightly better worse week. Terrible! I haven't missed the playoffs in 7 years since the leagues inception.

Its a 1-keeper league and if i lose a couple more times. Tanking the season is a real option for me so that I can aquire ADP. Im going to trade Gore-Housh/owens/steve smith to the ADP owner.
I'm 5-1 in my other league with basically the same team.

big ben
TO, Steve Smith, Housh
SJax, ADP
Witten

Although I just traded for LT so I no longer have Housh or Big Ben but it's funny that you're 1-5 with that team and I'm 5-1. Well, funny for me but not for you probably. :D
Team: Colombian Dealers
EMail: BMoy51@gmail.com

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:32 pm

Hey Kensat - why are you bothering with Kevin Faulk? Didn't you hear that the Pats had Kevan Barlow in to work out? Barlow >>> Faulk :lol:
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

kensat30

Post by kensat30 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:33 pm

Anything is better than Tinker Bell.
Team: Brentwood Beavers
Email: kensat30@hotmail.com

Flux

Post by Flux » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:36 pm

great - I left Winslow in at TE on his bye week...I really hate, hate, HATE that you cant adjust rosters. I know we talk about MLF.com all the time, but why cant we still just do it in a post and be updated later? This has caused so many friggin issues, that it really turns me off to the league sometimes.

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:23 pm

Flux wrote:great - I left Winslow in at TE on his bye week...I really hate, hate, HATE that you cant adjust rosters. I know we talk about MLF.com all the time, but why cant we still just do it in a post and be updated later? This has caused so many friggin issues, that it really turns me off to the league sometimes.
I hear you. We need to make emergency moves like when those last minute bye weeks pop up. I hate when that happens. Stupid schedule makers need to give us a little notice on these things. :lol:
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Bonzai

Post by Bonzai » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Flux wrote:great - I left Winslow in at TE on his bye week...I really hate, hate, HATE that you cant adjust rosters. I know we talk about MLF.com all the time, but why cant we still just do it in a post and be updated later? This has caused so many friggin issues, that it really turns me off to the league sometimes.
I hear you. We need to make emergency moves like when those last minute bye weeks pop up. I hate when that happens. Stupid schedule makers need to give us a little notice on these things. :lol:
started steve smith this week.

:x
The Newport Cobras

Flux

Post by Flux » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:27 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
It would be a different story if we had players bye weeks next to their names. I dont always have the time to look up which players have which weeks off, especially when I was scrambling to findn a Warner replacement when I did have the time... :?

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:50 pm

Napa wrote:
Flux wrote:
It would be a different story if we had players bye weeks next to their names. I dont always have the time to look up which players have which weeks off, especially when I was scrambling to findn a Warner replacement when I did have the time... :?
there is a sticky on the line-up section that displays the teams on bye weeks.
Sticky: Week 7 BYEs: Car, Cle, GB, SD
Busy people don't have time to.... like.... read.... and stuff.