Season 5 Discussion Thread

Talk about whatever you see fit here. Which would be pretty much anything...

Moderator: Free Bagel

UNDFTD
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:05 am

Post by UNDFTD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 am

blocky2303 wrote:WOW!!! My calculations don't match but I came up with a 0.2 point victory and the #6 Seeds survives for 2nd straight season!!
Oh snap!!!!!!!!

Rodgers crushes the hopes of many fantasy owners. Me included.

onnestabe
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:57 am
Contact:

Post by onnestabe » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:13 am

UNDFTD wrote:
onnestabe wrote:Ugh - 7 players in the early games and only one TD to show for it. At least my mismanagement of the kicker situation isn't the reason I lost.
tough luck.

Great season Bears. Tad-sorry I had to be the one to knock you off.
No worries. I don't think my squad has enough playmakers to win the league at this point. Some was bad luck, some was poor management, some is that even though I've had some success, it's still a rebuilding project.

Oh well, no more money for me to win this year. I guess I just have to root for my Saints and my Crimson Tide the rest of the year. :D

Good luck the rest of the way, UNDFTD. :)
Hokkaido Bears - Konichiwa Bitches!

Mookie4ever
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:15 am

Post by Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:18 am

Congrats to the Hookers and Intimidators on big wins!

Oh and Hookers, you better hope that Marshall catches 22 passes next weekend. In fact, he better make 22 catches, rush for 200 yds and throw 5 TD passes for you to have any chance IMHO. I predict an ass kicking.....but congrats on your big win :wink:






Goooo Warner. (but target Breaston and Boldin) Goooo Warner.
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Flux
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:29 pm

Post by Flux » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am

Looks like i should have gone with my initial instinct of playing SEA Def instead of SD...

Oh well- good game.

Whats the statute of limitations for scoring changes? :D
Image

Free Bagel
Site Admin
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Post by Free Bagel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:53 am

Wow, what a game, in the end it came down to a 2 point conversion at the end of the game where Mcnabb won it. Even crazier, the big difference was that Rodgers stepped back further on his kneeldowns at the end of his game than Mcnabb did, which was also the difference.

But, this may be the most suspenseful playoff game we've ever had because the suspense will last through Thursday, when the NFL makes its weekly stat adjustments. Usually they're defensive adjustments, changing credit for tackles, sacks, etc, but one of the most common offensive adjustments the NFL makes is QB rushing yardage vs. sack yardage, which could be the difference here. On Aaron Rodgers' crazy double fumble play he was credited with a -7 yard rush prior to the first fumble, and the defender was credited with a tackle for loss. However the play was a passing play so it's likely that they may end up changing it to a sack rather than a negative rush, which would add 7 yards to Rodgers' rushing total. It will be interesting to see how they score it since Rodgers got the ball back and fumbled AGAIN after that. What they may do is count the first one as a sack and the second as a -9 yard rush instead of -2, negating any point change, but I would think that is unlikely.

Here is the list of stat adjustments the NFL has made for each game so far this season. Of note is that last week Rex Grossman had a -4 yard rush changed to a sack and gained 4 rushing yards back.

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/20 ... &O=80&W=13
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

UNDFTD
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:05 am

Post by UNDFTD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Wow, what a game, in the end it came down to a 2 point conversion at the end of the game where Mcnabb won it. Even crazier, the big difference was that Rodgers stepped back further on his kneeldowns at the end of his game than Mcnabb did, which was also the difference.

But, this may be the most suspenseful playoff game we've ever had because the suspense will last through Thursday, when the NFL makes its weekly stat adjustments. Usually they're defensive adjustments, changing credit for tackles, sacks, etc, but one of the most common offensive adjustments the NFL makes is QB rushing yardage vs. sack yardage, which could be the difference here. On Aaron Rodgers' crazy double fumble play he was credited with a -7 yard rush prior to the first fumble, and the defender was credited with a tackle for loss. However the play was a passing play so it's likely that they may end up changing it to a sack rather than a negative rush, which would add 7 yards to Rodgers' rushing total. It will be interesting to see how they score it since Rodgers got the ball back and fumbled AGAIN after that. What they may do is count the first one as a sack and the second as a -9 yard rush instead of -2, negating any point change, but I would think that is unlikely.

Here is the list of stat adjustments the NFL has made for each game so far this season. Of note is that last week Rex Grossman had a -4 yard rush changed to a sack and gained 4 rushing yards back.

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/20 ... &O=80&W=13
How are you aware of this?

Do you have a team of midgets watching the games and reporting back you?

UNDFTD
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:05 am

Post by UNDFTD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Congrats to the Hookers and Intimidators on big wins!

Oh and Hookers, you better hope that Marshall catches 22 passes next weekend. In fact, he better make 22 catches, rush for 200 yds and throw 5 TD passes for you to have any chance IMHO. I predict an ass kicking.....but congrats on your big win :wink:






Goooo Warner. (but target Breaston and Boldin) Goooo Warner.
Don't worry Mookie, I have hired Tanya Harding to handle my team "security".

Bonzai
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:43 am
Contact:

Post by Bonzai » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 pm

Craziness.
The Newport Cobras

Mookie4ever
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:15 am

Post by Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:30 am

Whew. I am bad mojo for QBs. Despite my QBs and WRs trying to sabotage me Chris Johnson comes through and in just 2 quarters he earned me $10 :D
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Mookie4ever
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:15 am

Post by Mookie4ever » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 am

Wow, Hookers have Shaub against the Rams, Jamaal Charles against the Browns and Marshall, Moreno and the Broncos D against the Raiders. :x

Not looking good for me. Warner, Ryan and Vince are all hurt. CJ is against Miami and Moss and Housh can't even catch the flu.


Still......I think that I'm going to kick his ass :D
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Free Bagel
Site Admin
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Post by Free Bagel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Marshall against the Raiders. :x
I wouldn't count that one as a negative....Asomugha.
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

Free Bagel
Site Admin
Posts: 2260
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Post by Free Bagel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Mookie, you mind if I just pay you that 10 bucks at the end of the year when I'm doing all the payouts and whatnot? It'll be easier that way. I can just add it to your winnings and subtract it from mine, so I'll get $370+$20-$10 = $380, and you'll get $0 + $10 = $10. :D
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

Mookie4ever
Posts: 877
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:15 am

Post by Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:31 am

Free Bagel wrote:Mookie, you mind if I just pay you that 10 bucks at the end of the year when I'm doing all the payouts and whatnot? It'll be easier that way. I can just add it to your winnings and subtract it from mine, so I'll get $370+$20-$10 = $380, and you'll get $0 + $10 = $10. :D
That's cool




wait...what?
Don't get too defensive Bagel. You did great this week. At least you got within 60 points of me this time. When we meet in the finals maybe the third time will be the charm. :P But I don't think so.
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

UNDFTD
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:05 am

Post by UNDFTD » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Talk all the smack you like Mookie. I enjoy it. But I will not be firing back for 1 major reason. Bad mojo. Seriously...whenever I talk smack my win % is very low. Then again, in this league, my win % is low either way. :(

Didn't Fitzgeralds knee cap fall off or something.

No Vince Young could be bad news for CJ. I will be cheering for Moss and TJones. They are on a couple of my contending teams.

And my aforementioned teams squeaked out wins.

Bye-Week Bowl wager was $10.
Last edited by UNDFTD on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UNDFTD
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:05 am

Post by UNDFTD » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Mookie, you mind if I just pay you that 10 bucks at the end of the year when I'm doing all the payouts and whatnot? It'll be easier that way. I can just add it to your winnings and subtract it from mine, so I'll get $370+$20-$10 = $380, and you'll get $0 + $10 = $10. :D
wishful thinking?

Post Reply