Season 6 Discussion Thread

Talk about whatever you see fit here. Which would be pretty much anything...

Moderator: Free Bagel

Flux

Re: Season 6 Discussion Thread

Post by Flux » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:04 am

Not that my team deserved to win with that performance...but it sucks when you would have won if you simply didnt play your kicker. Thanks for the -2 Folk....now go f### yourself

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 pm

This was a bizarre week all around. The lowest scoring week we've ever had in the league by far.

78.6 points was good for the 2nd most points scored this week.
4 teams (33%) scored in the 50's or lower
7 teams scored in the 60's or lower
11 teams failed to break 80

Of course, the Mudslides were fine, maybe I should have dispersed some of the points :P

In fact, 4 of the 5 games not involving the Mudslides had fewer points scored by both teams COMBINED than the slides put up themselves.
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

Flux

Post by Flux » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Free Bagel wrote:This was a bizarre week all around. The lowest scoring week we've ever had in the league by far.

78.6 points was good for the 2nd most points scored this week.
4 teams (33%) scored in the 50's or lower
7 teams scored in the 60's or lower
11 teams failed to break 80

Of course, the Mudslides were fine, maybe I should have dispersed some of the points :P

In fact, 4 of the 5 games not involving the Mudslides had fewer points scored by both teams COMBINED than the slides put up themselves.
You know what I said about Folk...well the same now applies to you.

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 am

I guess last night is what Romulan was looking for when he drafted Vick. Too bad he was about 7 years too early. Talk about foresight. Didn't he take Vick with his 5th round pick in the inaugural draft?
Team: Colombian Dealers
EMail: BMoy51@gmail.com

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:23 am

Did I just lose the International Division and my chance at making the playoffs? :cry:

Chris Johnson on sale for a bag of pucks.
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Flux

Post by Flux » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:35 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Did I just lose the International Division and my chance at making the playoffs? :cry:

One our teams could end up with the 2nd most points scored and not make the playoffs. In fact, we could be 2nd and 3rd and neither of us make it.

F'in Bowe.

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Did I just lose the International Division and my chance at making the playoffs? :cry:

There is no team in the league that I am happier to beat than your squad Mookie. Next week will finish off what has to be the craziest year of this league ever.

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:12 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:

There is no team in the league that I am happier to beat than your squad Mookie. Next week will finish off what has to be the craziest year of this league ever.

That your untalented group of mismanaged holigans is ahead of my team is a tragedy of epic proportions. What am I to expect from a league where dog beaters become heros? I feel like Jamaal Charles on the bench watching your decrepit undeserving ass getting the playing time that is by rights mine.

You've already admitted to giving up on the season and started your rebuilding. It just figures. When you think you have a good team and you try to win you lose miserably but when you give up and start rebuilding you win. There's your coaching skill in a nutshell. Let me help you finish first, I'll trade you my first round draft pick for Aaron Rogers and one of your crap underperforming running backs.

I'm losing to a team with one running back, three crappy receivers and Dez Bryant sitting in a DP slot.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG I feel like dishing out a few flagrant fouls.

carry on
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Flux

Post by Flux » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:58 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:

That your untalented group of mismanaged holigans is ahead of my team is a tragedy of epic proportions. What am I to expect from a league where dog beaters become heros? I feel like Jamaal Charles on the bench watching your decrepit undeserving ass getting the playing time that is by rights mine.

You've already admitted to giving up on the season and started your rebuilding. It just figures. When you think you have a good team and you try to win you lose miserably but when you give up and start rebuilding you win. There's your coaching skill in a nutshell. Let me help you finish first, I'll trade you my first round draft pick for Aaron Rogers and one of your crap underperforming running backs.

I'm losing to a team with one running back, three crappy receivers and Dez Bryant sitting in a DP slot.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG I feel like dishing out a few flagrant fouls.

carry on
So...how do you really feel?

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:45 pm

I feel better. Much better now.
Thanks for asking :)

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:38 pm

That may be the single most belligerent thing I've seen out of any Canadian, including their army :lol:

By the way, while we're on the subject of this crazy year, I'm not even leading my division despite having more than 200 points more than any other team in the division (meaning that on an average week I outscore them by 17+ points).

The three highest scoring teams this year are the same as the three highest scoring teams from last year. Only last year we finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and this year we currently sit in 3rd, 7th, and 8th.

What did you two do to piss off the FF gods?
dyNASTY overlord

Flux

Post by Flux » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Free Bagel wrote:That may be the single most belligerent thing I've seen out of any Canadian, including their army :lol:

By the way, while we're on the subject of this crazy year, I'm not even leading my division despite having more than 200 points more than any other team in the division (meaning that on an average week I outscore them by 17+ points).

The three highest scoring teams this year are the same as the three highest scoring teams from last year. Only last year we finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and this year we currently sit in 3rd, 7th, and 8th.

What did you two do to piss off the FF gods?
Overpaid for Brandon Jackson and underpaid for Vick :roll: Thats all I got.

Flux

Post by Flux » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Ill also add that in my other money league, which is two divisions, I am third in overall points and am 7th overall with a 5-7 record. I have more points than every team in the other divison even though some of those a-holes only have 2 losses. Started out the year 0-5 and lost two games by less than 2 pts (high scoring league that averages about 175 pts each per game).

Just like in this league, I need to win and have someone lose to make the big show. My only saving grace in that league is that I made a side bet with the guy in 1st in the other divsion regarding overall points. I'm currently up by 17 in that category, and am hoping I can hang on to that and I'll get my money back.

This has not been a good year.

FB did you put some sort of hex on the check you sent me for last year? :x

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Poker Beats and Fantasy Football. Nobody wants to hear about your stories of bad luck boys. Maybe if you would learn to play some defense you wouldn't be in this situation. Also, if you say that you're in a rebuilding year, the only way you can go is up.

Go Dealers

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Flux wrote:FB did you put some sort of hex on the check you sent me for last year? :x
You're just now noticing the bad fortune of teams (other than mine, not going to put voodoo on myself) who finished in the money in the prior year?
dyNASTY overlord