Official 2008 Draft Commentary

The official draft room for each season's rookie draft

Moderator: Free Bagel

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 12:15 am

Free Bagel wrote:For the 3rd year in a row, the first pick is a shocker.
Change of pace 2009...i will be taking a k with the #1 pick. :wink:
Hollywood Hookers - UNDFTD
madominguez@gmail.com
818.808.2176 Text me for quicker response. Anytime.
yahoo im: madangry88

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 am

Free Bagel wrote:Wow, you know how months after the NFL draft we hear about these major trades that were super close to going through and never happened?

Now I know what they were talking about. That 1.04 was a hot spot, and there were several HUUUUUUGGGEEEE trades that were SOOOOOOOOO close to happening. One 3-team blockbuster and one 5-team blockbuster that were both super close to happening that would've sent top 10 players all over the place.

Man what a crazy couple days on the trade front. Good times fellas.
One day...your dream will come true.
madominguez@gmail.com

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 12:28 am

Napa wrote:
Pdub wrote:
That was a lot of pressure.

I need a beer.
Congrats on the trade. I am a bit surprise on how much the 4th pick went for compared to the top 3 pick.
MB!!! for 4-te

Why? Who were you offering?

ps...please leave something for the people drafting after 1.09.
madominguez@gmail.com

onnestabe

Post by onnestabe » Tue May 06, 2008 11:43 am

Napa wrote:
Pdub wrote:

I need a beer.
Congrats on the trade. I am a bit surprise on how much the 4th pick went for compared to the top 3 pick.
It really depends on what MB3 does over the next few years compared to Forte. I like Forte's situation right now and for the future, and MB3 looks shaky since they just brought in 2 young guys. I was worried that he would be a flex player at best, and I need more than that.

When I originally traded for MB3 last year, I was hoping he would end up being a cornerstone of my team, but I just don't see that happening now, so I decided to cut my losses and get a young RB in a good situation in Forte.

Only time will tell who won out on this deal...
Hokkaido Bears - Konichiwa Bitches!

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Tue May 06, 2008 11:54 am

Blah... I hate my Ray Rice pick
Team: Colombian Dealers
EMail: BMoy51@gmail.com

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Tue May 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Well, I think you could've gotten a lot more for him. MB3 generally falls into the 7-8 range in dynasty rankings whilst Forte should settle in around 40.

I can't speak for Pdub, but I bet you could've gotten Steve Smith AND Forte for MB3 had that been your offer.
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

BMarks61

Post by BMarks61 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:47 pm

onnestabe wrote:
Napa wrote:
Pdub wrote:

I need a beer.
It really depends on what MB3 does over the next few years compared to Forte. I like Forte's situation right now and for the future, and MB3 looks shaky since they just brought in 2 young guys. I was worried that he would be a flex player at best, and I need more than that.

When I originally traded for MB3 last year, I was hoping he would end up being a cornerstone of my team, but I just don't see that happening now, so I decided to cut my losses and get a young RB in a good situation in Forte.

Only time will tell who won out on this deal...
Just hope Forte turns out less like Brandon Jackson and more like Joseph Addai. Both were young RBs landing in a great situations and picked 4th in the rookie draft.
Team: Dallas WarDawgs

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
I can't speak for Pdub, but I bet you could've gotten Steve Smith AND Forte for MB3 had that been your offer.
damn, i know you guys were offering all types of bounty for pdubs players, but steve smith alone with a lesser throwin(than 4-te) seems more appropriate.

I would jump at the idea of getting smith and forte. Accepting the deal to give away a stud wr and a more than likely starting is a hard sell on me.

I do think MB!!! should have garnered more value though.

On a different note, lets discuss the pros and cons of a 2 round rookie draft.

Cons:

-Takes away from free agency. Changing the dynamic of acquiring players.This could mean many many things.

-1 round rook draft seems slightly less important. Taking some pressure and strategy away from that almighty single pick you are allotted.

Pros:

-more draft...more fun!!!!

-helps fill the optional taxi squad

Those are a few ideas off the top of my head.
madominguez@gmail.com

kensat30

Post by kensat30 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Three things:

#1) PICK #9 IS UP FOR TRADE for players, DD, pick + DD, etc. I won't be making the #9 pick for awhile.

#2) I also like the idea of a 2 round rookie draft

#3) I just got the 4-TE slang.
Team: Brentwood Beavers
Email: kensat30@hotmail.com

BMarks61

Post by BMarks61 » Tue May 06, 2008 1:38 pm

Yeah, some people might not want that second round rookie. Alot of the players that would be picked would have little impact on some teams and would just be cut. Let the people that want the leftover rookies bid on them. I like the one round approach and the free-for-all that comes after.
Team: Dallas WarDawgs

Mookie4ever

Post by Mookie4ever » Tue May 06, 2008 2:09 pm

I don't like the idea of a 2 round rookie draft. I barely know enough names to get me through a one round draft. Football news takes time to get up here to Canada. If there was a second round I would end up doing something stupid like draft a Gator or sumpin (wth is a gator anyways? Some backwoods way of saying crocodile?).
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 3:31 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:If there was a second round I would end up doing something stupid like draft a Gator or sumpin (wth is a gator anyways? Some backwoods way of saying crocodile?).
Ga(y)tors = slang for Homosexual-waitors
madominguez@gmail.com

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 4:04 pm

Romulan wrote:
UNDFTD wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:If there was a second round I would end up doing something stupid like draft a Gator or sumpin (wth is a gator anyways? Some backwoods way of saying crocodile?).
Ga(y)tors = slang for Homosexual-waitors
Since your an expert in Homosexuals what exactly is a waitor?
I will not deny...I am a gay-pert...which explains my strangle hold on the league.

As for waitor...http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Waitor
madominguez@gmail.com