Official 2008 Draft Commentary

The official draft room for each season's rookie draft

Moderator: Free Bagel

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Tue May 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Just so everyone knows, I'm headed out of town (to the beach actually, Florida is so much better than Canada) and I PM'd my 1.12 pick and RFA match to Bagel so he'll be making my picks for me.

(I'll check my outbox/sent items to make sure he doesn't look to get an unfair advantage.)
Team: Colombian Dealers
EMail: BMoy51@gmail.com

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Tue May 06, 2008 7:20 pm

I'm going to cheat.
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Sweet pic of limas soaring td catch @ heinz field.

I will make my pick late tonight pst. Exploring some ideas/scenarios.
Hollywood Hookers - UNDFTD
madominguez@gmail.com
818.808.2176 Text me for quicker response. Anytime.
yahoo im: madangry88

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Tue May 06, 2008 10:08 pm

UNDFTD wrote:Sweet pic of limas soaring td catch @ heinz field.
Play is under official review.

Ruling on the field is...NO TD! Reciever's plastic man arms disqualifies him from the league, and he did not come down in bounds because he was legally tackled-pushed out of the field of play while in the air. Great new rule guys! Low-5's all around.
madominguez@gmail.com

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Wed May 07, 2008 4:14 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:Just so everyone knows, I'm headed out of town (to the beach actually, Florida is so much better than Canada) and I PM'd my 1.12 pick and RFA match to Bagel so he'll be making my picks for me.

(I'll check my outbox/sent items to make sure he doesn't look to get an unfair advantage.)
Watch out for 'dem gators!!!

BPA pointed to Jamaal Charles. So i took him. Definitely considered many options, but ultimately BPA and LJ handcuff made a perfect marriage.

Lo_riders has been pm'ed.
madominguez@gmail.com

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Wed May 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Here's the rules page wtih all that stuff: http://www.clan-loh.com/dynasty/rules.php

We start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr, 1te, 1k, 1def.

I'll make sure to log onto AIM tonight when I get home so I'm there to answer any questions you have, but feel free to post them here as well.
dyNASTY overlord

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Wed May 07, 2008 2:53 pm

The players with 0 contract years are the guys who will be restricted free agents. Two days after the end of the rookie draft, the RFA bidding period will start. At this point everyone who is a restricted free agent (0 year contract) can be bid on by anyone and everyone. Whoever wins the bid on each player gets that player.

There are two exceptions. You have two "tags" to use on the restricted free agents from your team, which must be declared before the RFA period starts.

The first is the franchise tag, which essentially lets you keep one of your RFA's for free. They will stay on your team and will not enter the RFA pool.

The second is your transition tag. This is not as powerful as the franchise tag, but can still help. Basically, the player that you designate as having your transition tag still becomes a RFA as normal. However, when the bidding is over on that player you can elect to match the maximum bid. So if I win the bid on your transitioned player for 6dd, at that point you get to decide whether to let me have the player, or to match the 6dd bid to keep him yourself.

Bids are made using dynasty dollars, which you can see towards the bottom of your team's roster page (and also back on the main page there is a link to dynasty dollars that shows each franchises history of spending/acquiring dynasty dollars).

Let me know if anything is unclear. It takes some getting used to at first, but once it clicks you'll have the hang of it in no time.
dyNASTY overlord

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Wed May 07, 2008 2:53 pm

Romulan wrote:Free Bagel when can we expect the update to who the Franchise and transition players are on the RFA page?
After the rookie draft ends, during that two day period between the rookie draft and RFA.
dyNASTY overlord

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Wed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Romulan wrote:Franchise and Transition Players
May 5th - This is the last day you can declare franchise or transition players. Since the RFA period's start date may shift according to our rookie draft I wanted to make sure to have a set date for franchise and transition players being due. Note that you can declare franchise and transition players at any point up to this date (as several have) and can change your tags up to this date as well, so I suggest you get it done early to avoid missing the deadline altogether and then if you want to change it you can. Missing this date can really hurt your team, so make sure you don't miss this.
Yeah that was actually incorrect. I couldn't recall exactly how we did it and didn't see it spelled out explicitly in the rules, but later saw that I was just looking in the wrong spot (I looked in the franchise tags section, it was in the RFA section). I meant to update that post. Even if that were the case though I'd say this is a special circumstance for the Lo-Riders ;)...

"3C.2 RFA Signing Period

RFA bidding begins two days after the rookie draft ends and lasts exactly one month. All tags must be declared by the start of this period. No new bids will be accepted after the one month period ends; bidding in process may continue beyond this deadline until a final offer is reached for a player."

So teams actually still have a couple days to finalize their decisions.
dyNASTY overlord