Official 2006 Draft Commentary

The official draft room for each season's rookie draft

Moderator: Free Bagel

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Official 2006 Draft Commentary

Post by Free Bagel » Sat May 06, 2006 5:47 am

Post commentary about the draft here.
Last edited by Free Bagel on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dyNASTY overlord

Team Name: Micanopy Mudslides
AIM: Moyer9513

BMarks61

pick

Post by BMarks61 » Sat May 06, 2006 7:54 am

Bit of reach with that 1st pick :wink:

Mookie4ever

Mookie out of commission.

Post by Mookie4ever » Sat May 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Hey guys.

I just changed my home ISP and it is a massive headache. I don't have home service now - and if you can believe it I came into the office on a Saturday to set my fantasy baseball lineups. :shock: To make matters worse I'm going to be out of the office on Monday and Tuesday. I'll get my picks made somehow but if I don't responde to a PM or I am taking a while to make a pick this is the reason why.
"(dog fighting) can't be too bad of a crime."
"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog..If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business.'' Clinton "Genius" Portis

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Sun May 07, 2006 12:14 am

Sorry for the holdup fellas, had a tough decision to make with that second pick but I'm pretty content with the direction I ended up going.
dyNASTY overlord

UNDFTD

Post by UNDFTD » Sun May 07, 2006 12:16 am

ok there it is...we all know who Stranglers*pdub* is taking...or is he????

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Sun May 07, 2006 10:06 am

This is a lot less fun when you don't have a rookie pick...
Team: Colombian Dealers
EMail: BMoy51@gmail.com

ShoelessJoe

Post by ShoelessJoe » Sun May 07, 2006 10:22 am

Romulan wrote:I dont like the Addai pick Free Bagel... Everyone is high on this guy because he is going to a favorable sitouation but they neglect to look at his college career where he was ...... ok
He will be a backup in the NFL.
I think Addai has the most potential upside of any rookie left on the board. If I was still sitting in that #4 slot, I would have made that pick as well. He was a first round RB drafted and from that, he already has a headstart on Dominic Rhodes. Teams don't draft guys in the 1st and pay him the big bucks for a backup.
Team: Colombian Dealers
EMail: BMoy51@gmail.com

Free Bagel
Site Admin

Post by Free Bagel » Sun May 07, 2006 10:27 am

Romulan wrote:I dont like the Addai pick Free Bagel... Everyone is high on this guy because he is going to a favorable sitouation but they neglect to look at his college career where he was ...... ok
He will be a backup in the NFL.
I've been high on Addai (and thought he was underrated) since waaaaay back during his freshman year at LSU. The fact that Bill Polian - who has nailed pretty much all of his 1st round draft picks - agrees with me made this pick pretty easy. When I traded for the pick it was always with the intent of taking whoever fell out of Williams/Maroney/Addai. Another guy crossed my mind for a very brief moment, but my sanity quickly returned and I stuck to my guns (just like I did with 1.02 even though I was kind of leaning towards Maroney all day Saturday).

I think this the same statement that IMO applies to Bush applies to Addai. That is...don't confuse hasn't carried the load with can't carry the load.
dyNASTY overlord

BMarks61

Post by BMarks61 » Sun May 07, 2006 10:48 am

I'm on board with the Addai pick. He is in a great situation with more upside then downside. He's got the size and speed to succeed in the league. But, there is always a chance he could become another J.J. Arington as well. Although, Arington didnt exactly inherit a great o-line when he came in.
Team: Dallas WarDawgs